Sunday, August 19, 2007

Distractions - The Main Product of Vanity Fair

The following is a "Don't Waste Your Life" video featuring Randy Alcorn. Randy's topic is distractions, which is appropriate here given distractions are my normal subject matter. This is a good reminder for me (and probably you too) to keep the subjects of this blog in proper "orbit."



If you are not regularly viewing these videos, I would encourage you to subscribe on iTunes, visit the Don't Waste Your Life website, or check them out on You Tube.

1 comment:

donsands said...

That's never gonna go away. It's here for us in present reality, and if we recognize this, then we won't be dismayed.
If we think we need to conquer this, and become a man of God without this struggle of idols of the heart, then we will either become discouraged to the point of not caring, or we will actually think we have finally reached a point of perfection, which is the scariest of the two.
I know Christians who live a seperated life unto God, and who say they don't sin.
And I know others who say, "Well, that's just the way I am." Both of these can be signs of an unregenerate, who may think he is a Christain.

This was well said, and I agree wholeheartedly.
I'll keep praying, and asking the Lord to work on my heart. And I'll keeping trusting in His grace to help me walk by faith, in the midst of struggle after struggle. For His glory, and the praise of His grace.